- 24 Apr 2023
Wasabi Account Control API (WACA) Reference
- Updated on 24 Apr 2023
Wasabi Account Control API (WACA) is a set of RESTful JSON methods that are a companion set of endpoints to the AWS IAM/S3 compatible endpoints.
The Wasabi Account Control API (WACA) is a set of RESTful JSON methods that are a companion set of endpoints to the AWS IAM/S3 compatible endpoints. WACA was formerly known as the Wasabi Partner API or Wasabi Account Management API. WACA is not part of Wasabi AWS API compliance and will not be compatible with any API provided by AWS, which may have similar functionality.
At a high level, WACA allows for the following functions:
- Create a new sub-account that is linked to the Wasabi Control Account
- Generate AWS key sets for sub-accounts
- Manage sub-account trial parameters, such as extending the sub-account trial period and change subaccount trial quotas
- Convert a sub-account trial period into a full (paying) account
- Query utilization of sub-accounts both at the summary account level and bucket level
- Query invoices of sub-accounts
- Delete sub-accounts
- Manage account “profile” information, such as email address
The Wasabi Control Account holder will be responsible for all actions that are taken via the Wasabi Account Control API, including corresponding service charges as well as security measures. Wasabi reserves the right to block and/or terminate a developer’s use of the API.
Difference Between WACA and WACM
Wasabi Account Control Manager (WACM) leverages WACA and an easy-to-use interface to bring you account management without the need for development. However, if developing your own medium for managing Wasabi accounts is your preferred approach, WACA is right for you.
Getting Started With WACA
To get started using WACA, contact a Wasabi Sales Representative at email@example.com.
Review the FAQs available here for information about Wasabi Account Control API integration.