- 02 Feb 2023
WSC for Milestone XProtect
- Updated on 02 Feb 2023
Minimum System Requirements
WSC can be installed on a live Windows server. It does not require a reboot and there is no need to stop your VMS software from recording.
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2/Windows® 8/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/ Windows® 10/Server 2016/Server 2019/Server 2022
Important: Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2 computers must run at least Service Pack 1 and have the KB976932 and the KB3033929 security updates installed.
- 4 GB of physical RAM (at least)
- 100 MB of available hard-disk space for installation (at least)
- Microsoft .NET 4.8 Framework needs to be installed
Plan for a minimum 3-4 days of local storage retention. This will be used for caching most recent camera data, as well as to act as buffer should you ever run into a problem with the internet upload speed. This buffer will dictate the amount of time you have to identify and solve potential internet connectivity issues. In addition, and while stub files are zero byte in size, they do require an entry in the file system. When looking at long retention periods, keep in mind that every 1 million files will consume 100 MB of local disk space.
WSC will consume approximately 20% of the CPU during the initial indexing of the file system (each time the drivers are started), then drops to approximately 5% during normal operations. Memory footprint is typically not an issue.
Recording Server Requirements
- Internet upload speed at least 25% more than total camera ingests to disk
- Access to the Wasabi service endpoint
- Ports 443 open
- Ports 8536 and 8537 open to the Management Server
- Contact Wasabi for additional instructions if using a proxy server
Wasabi Storage Account Requirements
- One bucket has been created for each of the Recording Servers
- Recording Servers should have FULL Read/Write AND Delete capabilities on the objects.