- 02 Feb 2023
- Updated on 02 Feb 2023
The Compliance feature prevents the deletion of any objects and provides additional information to prove that the original data is not modified since the time it was stored. The compliance feature may be required for certain regulatory needs, but it is also useful to prevent accidental deletion. You can lock compliance mode on to prevent disabling it. However, once it is locked on, compliance mode cannot be unlocked without the intervention of Wasabi Customer Support. This restriction is for your data protection as part of Wasabi’s immutable bucket feature.
Use the compliance feature cautiously. Inappropriate use of this feature will restrict your ability to delete storage buckets and associated files, which will result in storage charges for these objects.
- Click for the bucket and click Settings.
- Click the COMPLIANCE tab. The Compliance panel is displayed. For example:Delete After Retention will not appear if it was enabled previously for a compliance-enabled bucket.
- Move the on/off slider to set compliance.
When compliance is enabled, the slide option appears blue:
When compliance is disabled, the slide option appears gray:
- Enter the number of days/weeks/months/years (Time Scale) after which objects can be deleted manually.
- Click SAVE.
- Optionally, you can lock compliance mode.
Locking Compliance Mode
- To lock compliance mode, click the LOCK COMPLIANCE button.
- A confirmation message requests that you agree to the terms of locking compliance mode. Type the word “agree” to continue.
- Click LOCK to confirm that you want to lock compliance mode.
When compliance is locked, you must contact Wasabi Customer Support if you want to release the hold on the data.