- 02 Feb 2023
- Updated on 02 Feb 2023
What is a Policy?
Each user and group can be associated with one or more policies to define the actions that a user or group member can perform and the conditions under which those actions can take place. You can attach a policy to a user, group, and/or role.
You can create up to 1000 policies per account.
You can attach a policy to a bucket. This is described in Bucket Policy.
Wasabi provides predefined policies that you can attach to a user, group, and/or role. These policies are:
- AmazonS3Full Access—Gives full access to all S3 resources, but no IAM access.
- AmazonS3ReadOnlyAccess—Gives just the Get and List permissions on any S3 resource/bucket, but no IAM access.
- AdministratorAccess—Gives full access to all resources (IAM and S3) with no limitation whatsoever.
- WasabiReadOnlyAccess—Gives just the Get and List permissions to all S3 resources and login permissions to users.
- WasabiWriteOnlyAccess—Gives just the Put and MultipartAbort permissions to all S3 resources, but no IAM access. The user cannot sign in with just this policy attached.
- WasabiFullAccess—Gives full permissions to all S3 resources and sign in permissions to users.
- WasabiAdministratorAccess—Gives full access to all resources (IAM and S3) with no limitation whatsoever. This is similar to AdministratorAccess, above.
- IAMUserChangePassword—Gives the user permission to change his/her password upon initial sign in.
- WasabiViewBillingAccess—Gives the user permission to view the billing access portal.
- WasabiModifyBillingAccess—Gives the user permission to modify the billing access portal.