- 07 Dec 2023
3—Creating a User
- Updated on 07 Dec 2023
Understanding User Roles
The WACM platform allows you to create four types of user profiles with distinct roles:
- Control Account Admin — The Admin role allows all actions within the platform. This role is ideal for the administrative user who manages the entire Wasabi cloud storage implementation, including Wasabi storage and WACM.
- Control Account Staff — The Staff role allows all actions within the platform except creating new users. This role is ideal for an employee within the admin staff.
- Control Account Staff (Lite) — The Staff Lite role allows all actions within the platform except creating new users and deleting a sub-account.
- Control Account Viewer — A Viewer is a read-only privileged user. No information is hidden from a user with viewer privilege. This role is ideal for the finance or billing department, which requires access to utilization data, invoice data, etc.
Reviewing Account and User Profiles
In addition to Profile, notice these tabs at the top left of the Profile panel:
Each user that you create has a profile. Sub-accounts that you create also have a profile, which is described later. All WACM platform users (Admins, Staff, and Viewers) have access to user profiles to personalize the user account. To get started, let's create a new user.
Creating a New User
- In your profile, click the Users tab.
- Click Create.
- Provide the following information and click Create.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Role for the user (select from the drop-down list)
- The new user who was added to the system will receive a Welcome email from Wasabi. The new user should click the link provided in the email to activate the account.
WACM displays the information for the new user on the Users page. For example:
Repeat the steps above to create additional users.