- 23 Feb 2024
- Updated on 23 Feb 2024
Accessing Settings Options for a Bucket
- On the Buckets list, clickfor the desired bucket.
- Select Settings.
This example shows the Settings panel for the widget-project bucket. Typically, the Logging drop-down is open by default, but it is collapsed here for illustrative purposes.
Notice the main headings to access different panels of settings:
Properties (displayed by default)
Compliance (If Object Locking was not enabled when the bucket was created)
Object Replication (if this feature was enabled when the bucket was created)
Object Locking (if this feature was enabled when the bucket was created)
The following options are available on these panels:
- Bucket Logging creates a text log file of all access to the bucket. You can specify the target bucket in which to store log files as well as a prefix to include in the log file name.
- Bucket Versioning is a way to maintain multiple variations of an object in the same bucket. You can then retrieve and restore any version of an object in the bucket. This provides protection against inadvertent removal of an object (such as by overwriting or expiration).
- You can review the Bucket Size and download the bucket billing statistics as a CSV file.
- Public Access Override controls bucket privacy. You can make a bucket public after confirming you understand that any Internet user will have access to the bucket and the ability to read objects from the bucket.
- Event Notifications inform you of specific Wasabi S3 events.
- You can attach bucket Policies to define the actions that can take place on a bucket and the conditions under which those actions can occur.
- Compliance features prevent the deletion of any objects and provides additional information to prove that the original data is not modified since the time it was stored. Compliance is not available if Object Locking was enabled when the bucket was created.
- Object Locking can help prevent objects from being deleted or overwritten for a fixed amount of time or indefinitely. This feature is available only if it was enabled when the bucket was created.
- Object Replication enables you to copy objects from an active storage bucket (source) to one or more different buckets (destination).
- The Lifecycle feature establishes a Lifecycle policy with rules to define actions that you want Wasabi to take during the life of an object.
- A Bucket Utilization graph shows the total objects in a bucket as well as the deleted objects (calculated over the last 5 days).
- An Access Control List (ACL) enables you to manage the users and groups that have access to buckets and objects.